DIY Fall Burlap Mason Jar Vases-Video
DIY Fall Burlap Mason Jar Vases
Gather reminds me of family and friends, campfires and good times. You’ll be able to use these lovely fall mason jars through Thanksgiving when you gather together with your loved ones. These jars make a beautiful centerpiece for your main table and can be filled with your favorite fall leaves or flowers.
You can recreate these lovely vases in your own home with just a handful of supplies. This project is very inexpensive and fun to make and it instantly gives that welcoming autumn feel in your home.
DIY Fall Burlap Mason Jar Vases Tutorial
Tools & Supplies:
- Large mason jars (enough jars to spell out a word)
- Chalk paint or matte acrylic paint (various fall colors)
- Paint brush
- Sponge applicator (for stencils)
- Strips of burlap (about 3 or 4 inches wide) You’ll need the same number of strips as there are mason jars
- Hot glue gun
- Sandpaper (I used 60 grit)
- Fall flowers & foliage (to put inside mason jars)
Paint the mason jars, making sure to add two coats of paint so that the jar is well covered.
Hot glue the burlap strips onto each mason jar, making sure to glue together on the back of the jar
‘Gather’ your stencils together, no pun intended 🙂
Stencil each letter onto each mason jar with the sponge applicator. I used a dark brown colored-paint for the letters
To make the jars look old and worn, I rubbed a 60 grit sandpaper around the rim and also a few other random places on the jars
Tie a bow with the jute string
Add that fall foliage! Gorgeous!
You can find my DIY Fall Burlap Mason Jar Vases at the following link parties: