This is such a fun project as you can utilize your old wine bottles while decking the halls! I’ve always loved little winter scenes behind glass and since I keep all of my old bottles for future projects, this one was perfect. I just love how the little Christmas scene lights up at the bottom of the bottle!
- Light up wine cork (I bought mine HERE)
- Wine bottle with the bottom cut off (You can either purchase one HERE, or see my tutorial HERE on how to make one for under $10)
- Decorations to put into snow globe like trees, people, houses, etc (must be small enough to fit inside wine bottle)
- Flat Candle holder the same circumference as the wine bottle
- Hot glue gun
- Fake snow (pieces have to be tiny enough to be added through the top opening of bottle)
- Funnel (for adding fake snow)
Cutting bottles is really easy!! Here’s a video I made to show how to do it…
Hot glue all of the trees and decorations to the top of the candle holder
Place wine bottle onto candle holder, then place funnel into top opening of bottle
Carefully pour the fake snow into the funnel, you don’t need too much…just a little bit
Use something pointy to poke the snow through (I used chopsticks)
I tied on some ribbon along with some old bells and some pine greenery around the neck of the bottle, and topped it off with the light-up cork.
Now turn those lights off, turn on the light-up cork, and watch it dazzle!