Are you ready for a crazy-simple project that is not only unique and easy to execute, but also VERY affordable? The best part is that it makes a wonderful gift for baby showers, birthdays, Christmas, or whatever else you can think of!!
Enter the pallet wood picture display.
A good friend of mine was having a baby shower and I hadn’t the foggiest of what to get her. It had to be something that was not only original, but would light up her face when she opened it up at the party. This little picture display definitely did all that!
- Hand drill with bits
- Hot glue gun
- Drill Press (optional) I used this for drilling holes into the horseshoe for hanging, but you can also hang picture display with just a simple piece of wire instead
- Two pieces of old pallet wood
- Acrylic Paint (I actually purchased mine at Wal-Mart)
- Craft foam sponge
- A couple of mending brackets with screws
- A few clothespins
- A horseshoe with screws (if you don’t have a horseshoe, you can use wire to hang with instead)
After wetting the tip of my craft foam sponge with a little paint, I carefully dabbed the sponge into each stencil. Make sure not to have too much paint on your sponge to avoid smudging
Turn both boards over and screw together with the two mending brackets, using your hand drill
With my drill press, I drilled two holes into the bottom of my horseshoe
…then centered and screwed it onto the back of the wood. Remember, if you don’t have a horseshoe, you can also hang display with a simple piece of wire
I ran a line of hot glue along each clothespin…
then stuck them to the bottom piece of wood under the stenciled letters
Time to hang and show off those pics!