Today, I want to show you my super cute DIY rustic wooden serving tray. I absolutely love trays, don’t you? This cute little number would look great with any style of décor to make fabulous looking vignettes. It also makes an awesome serving tray to display and present your food at parties and gatherings. Don’t you agree this adorable tray makes everything look just a little bit more spectacular?
- Belt Sander
- Nail gun with 1 1/4in nails (you can use 1 1/4in screws and a hand drill if you don’t have a nail gun)
- Two 1x4s & two 1x5s at 24in in length
- Two 1x3s at 16in in length’
- Weathered wood stain (I used a grey old wood stain for this project)
- Two old-looking handles (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby HERE)
- Four 1 1/4in wood screws (to screw handles to tray) I get black screws to match the handles
- Matte or satin clear coat
Place the 1x4s & 1x5s together
Nail the 1x3s onto the sides
I made sure to add 2 nails per board so that the boards won’t shift
To give a more worn look, I rounded off the edges with a belt sander.
Add one or two coats of stain to the wood to give an old look.
Spray on a couple coats of clear coat to protect the wood
Screw on the handles
Finished! Now it’s time to add some pretty things!