Isn’t he adorable??? This is my handsome young nephew, who was the perfect ring bearer and model for my wedding, holding these adorable DIY Ring Bearer Pallet Signs. As you might have noticed, these are actual pics of him walking down the aisle during my ceremony. Having him carry these fun signs (rather than the traditional pillow with the rings), added a dash of super-cuteness, originality, and a bit of humor to my wedding ceremony. No one was able to keep a straight face as he walked by, and everyone will remember this part of the ceremony because of my cute little ring bearer holding these adorable signs!
DIY Ring Bearer Pallet Signs Tutorial:
Tools & Supplies:
- Hand drill with bits
- Spray can of clear protective enamel
- Acrylic paint (I used white)
- Paint sponge applicator
- Stencils (I used two sizes) I bought mine at Walmart
- Mending brackets & screws (for fastening boards together)
- Old pallet wood (my pieces were 1 x 4s) you can also use new wood and then make it look old with my Easy DIY Wood Stain
- Rustic-looking ribbon (make sure it’s wide as it disperses the weight of the sign better than a thin ribbon) My ribbon was about 2 1/2 or 3 inches wide.
I cut 3 pieces of wood (1 x 4s) approx. 26 inches long for this sign.
For the second sign, I cut 3 odd sized pieces of wood (1 x 4s) at approx. 19 or 20 inches in length.
Screw the pallet wood pieces together with the mending plates
Flip the wood to the front and place the stencils where you want your letters. Carefully dab on the acrylic paint into each stencil.
After the paint is dry, spray a coat or two of clear protective enamel
With the hand drill, drill two holes at the top of the sign
Thread the ends of the rustic-looking ribbon through the holes and make a knot at each end.
It’s ready for that cute little ring bearer to show it off!
Ash wanted to get in on the action also. He even put on his favorite black tie.
These ring bearer pallet signs certainly made our ceremony more memorable and fun. I hope you will consider making them for your wedding. You will be glad you did!
You can also find these DIY Ring Bearer Pallet Signs for Weddings at these sites: