I LOVE LOVE LOVE new members!! Get my latest posts like this one, plus access to my ‘members only’ area by subscribing here for free! It’s easy and you can unsubscribe at anytime! 😉
The other day my Mom text me a pic with the words… ‘Look what I made!’
It was an adorable little Easter banner she had whipped together using bunny faces made from chipboard
I quickly text her back, ‘I want one! Where do I find everything???’
…and the rest is history.
Here’s how we made them 🙂
- Hot glue gun (optional if you decide to add any decorations to your shapes)
- Scissors (for cutting string)
- Hand drill with bit (to drill holes into shapes for hanging)
- Spray paint or acrylic paint in various Easter colors (pastel colors work great)-this will only be needed if your wood shapes and chipboard shapes are not already colored
- As you can see, my Mom used colorful tassels tied in-between her bunnies, but I decided to mix and match my shapes instead…there’s no right way so use your imagination!)
- String (I used Jute string for a rustic look). I used 5ft of string but it all depends on how long you want your banner to be
- Various Easter chipboard or wood shapes (I used both and mixed and matched). I found mine (during Easter time of course) at Target in the dollar section, but you can find them at almost any craft store during Easter season
- Decorations to add to your shapes (optional). I used white pom poms to add a little fluff to my bunnies’ tails
I found my shapes at Target in the dollar section and they were already pre-painted, which saved me a step, WOOT!
After purchasing my shapes at Target, I found these cute wood shapes at Joanns…they were just as adorable and would have worked just as well!
First of all, if your shapes aren’t already painted, do it now!
Then add any extras, like my little pom pom tails
Drill two small holes at the top of your shape…I put one in each bunny ear tip (make sure to drill on a piece of scrap wood)
Then slide the string through…
With the eggs, I drilled two holes closer together
String it all up and boom, your done! Looking Easter-ly festive!!!!
Here’s another one I did using the bunny heads that my mom used…it turned out just as well!
Now it’s your turn, lets see what you come up with! Happy Easter!
Not a member yet? You’re missing out!!!
Get future posts like this one by subscribing here for free!